There follows a partial listing of jobs we have performed since the business was started in 1992. All of the jobs listed involved stress analysis and design recommendations related to stress analysis andmanufacturability. Additionally, several involved a full engineeringpackage with drawings.
Relating to Welded Apparatus, Classical and LEFM Fatigue & other Mechanical
- Wind Turbine Components: Numerous welded and cast components: Hot Spot Fatigue Damage via Rainflow Cycle Counting,weld joint design, Multiple (50 kW to 1500 kW). Specifications for welding proceedures and materials for low temperature toughness, avoidance of lamelar tearing, vendor qualification.
- Tunnel Boring Machine Heads, FEA, weld joint design and fatigue.
- Complex tubular bridge truss structure - API RP 2A-LRFD with FEA. Weld and material selection for extreme and fatigue loading. FEA validation against API criteria.
- SpecialtyWeld Qualification Test Procedures.
- Air BrakeComponent Fatigue, Welded.
- Cast Steel Weldments - Fatigue and ultimate loading for lumber mill equipment
- 6 Meter Telescope Mirror Support Structure: 400 Welds x 12 Load Cases - FEWeld
- Weld Cracking Mitigation on Food Processing and Packaging Machinery.
- FEA Simulation of crack growth in heat exchanger tube welds. Crack tip purturbation techniques for stress intensity against paris curve data.
- Accelerated fatigue testing of complex weldments
- Weld Residual Stress control plans
- VibratoryFood Processing Equipment Fatigue: Hot Spot and Effective NotchStress Methods, weld joint design, material profiling, & residualstress control.
- Welded Exercise Machines (Fatigue) Stress analysis and weld joint design, Numerous
- Welded Hydraulic Service Lift for Buses per ANSI/ALI B153.1, Stress analysis and weld joint design
- Translation from European (EN, BS, DIN) Fabrication Specifications and Details to U.S. (AWS, ANSI, ASTM).
- Crane Hoist Drive Fatigue (LEFM & AGMA 6001), Numerous, Trolley structural welds and stiffness.
- Overhead Lifting Equipment, Stress Analysis & Weld Joint Design, Numerous, ASME B30.2
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems per OSHA 1910.66 App. C & WAC 296-24-87035,Numerous
- Heavy (500 kW) pump motor support modifications: Resonance calculations, stiffness modifications, & distortion controlled weld design and procedure development., Multiple
- Drive Wheel Fatigue: Large Scale Contact with Lug Nut Preload
- Transportation Equipment - Towing, Impact, Cornering, Tipover, Wind, Snow, Forklift, Crane Lifting
- Ultrasound cart structure & mechanisms (medical)
- Scissors lifts, Boom lifts.
- Aluminum Castings for Class 8 Truck Production Parts (Fatigue)., Multiple
- Cast Aluminum Medical Chair Base: Stiffness, Stress
Metal Weld joint design ductile failure trade studies utilizing Gurson damage with Becker-Needleman void coalescence terms. Switch Snap Leaf Spring (Post Buckling, Fatigue, & Return Force), Spring Steel. Polymer Parts and Polymer Resin Composites
- FAA Certified and Experimental Class Analysis of Aircraft composite and metal parts and structures. Numerous including complete wing layup and landing gear..
- Impact analysis of Structural Foam Stowage Cabinets for Tractor-Trailer Sleeper
- Valve Housing deflection & stiffening, Glass Filled Nylon
- Valve Body Snap-Fit Installation Loads, Nylon
- Virtual Reality Goggles, deflection, failure, Polycarbonate, Polycarbonate/ABSBlend
- Strengthening of failing connector for medical tubing, polypropylene
- Surgical waste fluid container, abs, Ultimate Failure
- Fatigue & Contact of Prosthetic Foot, Delrin (acetal)
- Strength and Stiffness of Baby Jogger Components (Nylon)
- Stiffness& Buckling of Fire Panel Door, ABS
- Rotomolded refrigerant heat exchanger reservoir for semiconductor mfg., stress, polypropylene
- Rotomolded containment vessel, buckling, deflection, & stress, LDPE
- Buckling of stackable containers (numerous), polypropylene, polyethylene
- Concrete forms, stress, deflection, polyethylene
- Polystyrene Pressure Vessel for oil field test equipment
- Foam Cored and Honeycomb Panels with Potted Connections, stress, deflection
- Weld stress analysis training Application of FEA to weld analysis and design codes.
- FEA theory and use training – modeling considerations for mechanical systems.
Engineering support for selected disputed claims
- Grain Truck Frame Modification Weld Failure Analysis
- Portable Restaurant Oven Stand Weld Failure Analysis